Ever wonder how people record a video and they have the nice black box of text below the video? Well below is a nice simple way through only a few logical steps to help you get these done without any additional personal video editing.
If you ever need to burn captions to a video for your websites, here’s a workflow I just found. I haven’t tried this yet but the tools are definitely not currently watermarked and provide the assistance listed.
- Upload your audio to https://otter.ai and transcribe (Seems quite accurate!)
- Upload video to YouTube
- Attach the .txt file you downloaded from Otter
- Publish this file as subtitles
- Download the finished captions.srt file from YouTube
- Upload video again but now to https://kapwing.com
- Attach your captions.srt to video and tadah! The captions are burned on the video.
Both Otter and Kapwing are free to use with no watermarks.
If you find a post helpful and feel like rewarding my effort with the price of a beer, please donate here