If you aren’t a big fan of table of contents plugins or, like in Acabado, Jquery is disabled (Enable Jquery Steps) you will need to become a master in building anchor links. Anchor links are links you build to headers and other places that you can link to within your article without linking out to other pages.
These links can also really help Google understand what your page is all about. There are really 2 solid sections around anchors, how you want to use them and how to make them.
Normally a table of contents helps you jump where you want to look.
Table of Content
Making An Anchor Link
- Create a Header You Need And Want To Link To (Another Anchor)
- While Editing the Header
- Click And Open [ Advanced ]
- Add Text You Want For the Anchor to the [ HTML Anchor ] Field
- Now Copy the text from the HTML Anchor to use in the next step
- Making a Link (Yep another anchor, want to go to TOC instead?
How Do You Target An Anchor In A Link?
- Select the text you want to create a link with
- instead of using a web URL you want to tell it to use a link within the page.
- Use a hash (#) then paste your anchor text created above in (Another Anchor)