The HFCM plugin is a very helpful plugin that doesn’t add bloat to your site but allows you to have managed code that can be used for many different functionalities. It is how I do Google Analytics on this site, for example.
The plugin is built to allow you to add code that needs to either run on the header side or in the footer side to be in the appropriate area for the functions.
Unlike many other plugins, you can add this to your website without adding massive delays in load speed.
Simple Admin Menu Addition allows access to new or existing snippets of code.
The header of the plugin has some columns which help describe the information contained.
- ID: The number, starting at 1, of created snippets
- Status: Active or Deactivated
- Snippet Name: What you choose to understand the codes purpose
- Display On: Site wide, posts, page, specific post, specific page
- Location: Header or Footer
- Devices: Whether Desktop and Mobile or Mobile Only (helpful for things like amazon popover that you want on mobile only.)
- Shortcode: The shortcode the program can use to place itself
Once you create a new snippet you have the ability to select all kinds of settings, most are what was portrayed on the front end as we described above.
Hopefully this helps give you some understanding about HFCM and why it can be valuable to you when you are building a site to allow you to manage the code added to your site and change when and where it should run.